Posted on:9th August 2023
- Help other patients. – If you book an appointment but don’t attend, another patient will miss out!
- Reduce our workload. – Failure to attend or cancel an appointment increases administrative work.
- Save the NHS money. – According to Government data, a GP appointment costs up to £50. Missed appointments waste money that you have invested in the NHS.
How can you help?
Here are 3 simple ways you can help us to reduce the number of wasted appointments:
- Encourage family members and friends to attend or cancel their appointment.
- Write down your appointment and/or add to your phone calendar. Even better, set a reminder and watch out for reminders sent by the surgery.
- Always cancel unwanted appointments, no matter how late in the day.
Thank you for your co-operation, support and help.